Wednesday

I heard the prez on the radio the other day. He used the word commensurate in a sentence perfectly, and it took me aback. He was referring to the payment of troops and the rest of military expenditures. I was impressed with the way it slipped effortlessly from his lips. Maybe this guy isn't a total fool, I thought, but no sooner had I thought this, than he screwed up. He actually screwed up by saying the word commensurate in a place where commensurate could never be an option in a million years, and then he says, "no, not commensurate, uh, ..." and went on to correct himself. Looks like he impressed himself a little there, too.

I work with someone who used to be a chick, but is now a dude. I saw a male doctor upstairs today wearing a long blond wig, male seventies hair style. I work amid the fat and the smug. (Land of the free and the home of the brave..?) They look down on me I think, because I am not as obviously disadvantaged as they are. It's strange.