Saturday

Dale's drinking game

One of the reasons I like this game so much, is that I’m making it up as I go along. Now the first thing you do is, give me a dollar, will you? Thanks. The first thing is, everybody’s got a dollar. Then somebody loans a dollar to somebody, who loans it to someone else, and an additional dollar if they like. Then after this has gone on for a while, the guy who loaned the first dollar eventually winds up borrowing a dollar from somebody else. Every time a loan is made, the person loaning the dollar has to remember and recite all the previous transactions, and the game goes on indefinitely. Ideally, the person who forgets the transactions drinks, but if they’re too caught up in the details to remember to do so, the game continues. What makes it a drinking game is that the borrower has to drink at a rate predetermined by the loaner, and this is negotiable during play. In addition, one can drink at any time he or she desires, or thinks the game is moving either too quickly, or, more likely, too slowly. What eventually happens to the money, who winds up with it, we’ll have to see, and I assure you, I have never played before, and neither have any of you, since I just made it up, so don’t try to pin me if you lose your dollar, because I had nothing to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home