Tuesday

I'm cleaning out a back room that my roomate's making into a music studio and came across some boxes that my mom brought with her when she visited a while back. It's all stuff from my childhood, and what I notice about it is that all the objects are rich in sensory value; I unconsciously separated it into piles, one for clunky metal things, one for round things, one for leather things, one for things that smell good, one for glass. There was a card in there that I got for my eighth birthday from aunt, a cup from silver dollar city (a southern theme park since made into dollywood), and a game token only useful at showbiz pizza, a place where children went for birthday parties. It says "come for the pizza, stay for the fun." I have a railroad spike, the largest key in the world (like a jail key from Chtaeiu D'If), various wallets I made, shotgun shells, all the stuff a boy has. I have the baseball men from the tops of my trophies, a maze I started drawing and then got bored with, BBs, padi open water diver patch, and a metal superman belt buckle. That buckle is one of those that goes with some kind of belt I have never seen, or at least recognized.
What a nice way to spend an afternoon.
All in all, the things I collect now are pretty boring compared with the stuff I collected then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home