Monday

Kid Logic

I was a kid, watching television, when I saw some cheerleaders at a basketball game. They were doing some pom-pomming and kicking and whatnot, but then one of them did something I'd never seen before. I don't know any more now than I did then if it's called a handspring or a roundoff, though I do know those are cheerleader's moves. The one cheerleader did a move where she looked like she did a cartwheel, but the fingers on both her hands stayed outstretched. It looked like she'd done a cartwheel on her fingertips. I'd never tried to do any cartwheeling, because it was too easy looking. This move, though, looked cooler. I went to the middle of the living room and was getting ready to try out the move, when I thought of the stairs. While on the one hand, the chances of a girl being able to do something I couldn't were zero, I was willing to concede that I was a beginner. It might be difficult to keep up momentum though the whole thing. I went over to the top of the stairs and aimed. So with the plan being to throw myself as hard as I could and catch myself on my fingertips, I jumped. It must have looked pretty funny. The next thing I remember I was on the landing, without any scratches. That's what's nice about being a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home