Tuesday

Between bald tires, running out of gas, killing my battery, and heaps of snow like suffocating pillows, I was ready tonight to put a sign on my car that said: "Free! The keys are in it!"
Instead I parked it somewhere where it might get towed anyway. Ah, the joys of owning things that own you back.

Sidewalks, let's face it, are for second-class citizens. They're piled high with slippy snow-chunks, but the streets are wide open and ready for love. So I walked home in the street, and the cars went right by. We might should try a walk in the street day. Yeah, it's a spinoff of critical mass, but it would make people reconsider the public spaces. And bicycles... too political. I mean, who would ride one of those? It's almost unpatriotic, not to mention hippielike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home