Monday

Commune dreams are the scariest.

Last night I went to visit my brothers and they lived in this cooperative commune. It's just this expansive house and everybody shares a room with somebody else. You can't live alone. My youngest brother stays in a room with a guy named Brandon. And since everybody does according to their ability, my brothers do more than anybody else. It's stupid. I don't care for the name Brandon. Come to think of it, I've never met anyone named that.

Most of the dreams I have like that, my brothers are coming to visit me somewhere. The last one, I was a waiter and I lived in a little room and all I ate was cans of nutritive white bean paste. They tried to get me out of there, but I wouldn't go. There was an element of my not believing there could be more to what was happening than this little world wherein no one wore shoes, just filthy socks. An interesting component to this dream was that every person who lived this lifestyle, the proletariat if you will, played a game, sort of like a tamagotchi (an electronic pet on a keychain). We all automatically went to the screen a couple times a day and watered our artificial plants, and things like that. This could easily have been because nobody had much of anything at all in reality, and the power of folklore of the way things used to be might incite a riot, so it was replaced with an e-life. Also, this was the dream where once a year, the people from the village set up shop in the valley, only no one comes to buy anything. It's just for tradition that we set up shop, and there are rumors that the Hendersons (ostensibly feudal lords) are not too far away, and this year we may actually see them. We are so thankful that the Hendersons make our wee pitiful existences possible that we pour out our gratitude by doing this shop-fair for them annually.

The strangest dream is one where I live in an apartment complex called "symbol", then I get in my tiny car and go to the "symbol" gas station. On the way I pass "symbol" mini-storage, and "symbol" shopping center. That one's crazy. Not that it needed any more material, but at the symbol apartment complex there was a big stink because two separate law enforcement agencies were trying to arrest officers from the other, because of a prostitution entrapment scheme gone bizarre. One was trying to arrest the other for being a prostitute, the prostitute was trying to arrest the john, then the john's people tried to arrest the prostitute's people for pimping, then the others tried to arrest the john's people for violating the contract. It was an arms race of mediocre minds and falstaffian proportions, escalating to absurdity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home