Thursday

Dinner

was from Erbert and Gerbert's, a sub place. All the food had silly names. I ordered the "tappy".
There were four of us. When the sandwiches showed up, there were four of those, too. Two of them were "Tappies". The other two were about eight inches long, but the tappies weren't. One of those was two inches shorter than the other. I mean, it was OBvious. Almost comedy, but when you're dealing with hungry animals, something atavistic sets in. It's a mean time to be around.

The girl who ordered the other "Tappy" reached right over there and grabbed the big one. I don't know if she just didn't care, or whether she didn't notice, but either way, nice guys finish last. I can't help but think if I'd reached over there and grabbed that thing, she'd have at least given me the crusty look to end all cruty looks.

I know a girl who worked in a restaurant, and when two kids would both order ice cream, she'd make one kid's scoop WAY bigger than the other, just so they would fight when she brought it to the table. She didn't care for children much. The mother would invariably tel the children that the scoops were just the same size and they should quit bickering. Maybe this sandwich episode is some sort of cosmic payback for laughing about the ice cream waitress. She told me other things, that waitress. Maybe another time I'll get into those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home