Friday

Well, Valentine's day is tomorrow, and today is friday the thirteenth, which means that if you're single and superstitious, you have two reasons to hate everything today.

On the positive side, I had to turn down a chance to host a big fun Valentine's day bash at a pretty stinking huge nightclub. The idea was "anti-valentine's consortium" and we had rock bands that would have loved to play it, but I have a conflict in my schedule, that being I have to work tomorrow and I'd stay up all night getting piss drunk if I did it. The idea is a direct rip-off of an event in Seattle, where the audience brings stuff that they still have that belongs to their exes, throws it on the stage, and the rock band just stomps the hell out of it until it's uniformly unrecognizable beer-soaked worthless filth. Yeah. I was thinking of calling it Cupid is Stupid.

So I'm happy about it both for the reason that I have a job to go to, and that the girl who books all the bands was ready to hand me the keys to the place, so to speak.

As for my plans, I'm going to dinner tonight with the lovely Joyce and then to watch a movie, which sounds pretty foolproof. And maybe we'll even have ice cream. How cute.

I just made some salmon and I think I undercooked it, but I ate it anyway. Wish me luck with the whole not-getting-sick thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home