Monday

First went the sink. It wouldn't drain. The clog resisted the drano, the snake, and the chemicals purchased from the department of defense. After that, moving from left to right, came the toilet. The seal broke on it, sending sheets of water cascading from the tank to the floors below through the floor, the ceiling, the floor and the ceiling again. What I'm left with is the shower, and no, I haven't been peeing in it. That's gross. The whole apartment is on track to collapse on itself by mandate of the physical laws concerning decrepitude, taking with it most of the neighborhood. This failure of matter as we know it, by my calculations, will occur in the coming week, so I will be on hand to catalog it, sacrificing my life to serve the pursuit of science.

The scheduling woman called me to (ask?) if I would come in to work early today. "You will come in early today to cover [shift] please." Rude. I'm tempted to draw a comparison to her people, the Russians, because I want to believe that Americans innately grasp politeness better than that. Which is wishful thinking. Were she American, it would be a more insidious function of self applied to management, the guilt trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home