Wednesday

For all the doctors reading this:
April 1 is the JCAHO deadline for unsafe abbreviations.
No more will the pharmacy accept QD, QOD, AS, AF, MS, MSO4, u, iu, or trailing zeros. Don't even think about using mu for micro either. I swear, doctors, I've put up with enough of your bad handwriting to last me a lifetime, and will not tolerate this unsafe error-producing abbreviation business. I've even got half a mind to make the case for the elimination of cc. It looks like a u half the time. The trick is to lift your pen and make them identifiable.
And it's about time we came up with an alternative to bactrim sensitization. Making different concentrations of that stuff (0.2 micrograms in a dose? What is that? You're SADISTS!) causes me to toss and turn at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home