Tuesday

I have a tree. For the first time in whenever, it's been raining, so I put it outside. It was supposed to have snowed today, was way below room temperature, but I left it outside. Bringing it back in, the plant looks better than I've ever seen it. All its leaves are standing out from the stalks with wild vibrancy. This was a great day for that plant, and I'm sorry I haven't given it more, but to see the difference makes me see that there is a valid, selfish interest in growing something that you can cripple, so that you can turn it loose for a little while when you're not poisoning it and watch it flourish. I've been babying this plant. Nobody argues with babying a baby. Do only people need to be babied? And for whose sake are people babied? Definitely not their own. The keepers love to be keepers.

But I like having houseplants. What am I gonna do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home