Friday

If it seems like my page has been taken over by someone else, it's because it has; my dim doppelganger, brain tired from studying algebra. Me needing to study algebra. It's like I've stepped into an alternate universe.

Two days ago the lovely Joyce managed to cull some problems from the more antisocial neighborhoods of cyber vegas, and she's been putting me through hoops ever since. Factoring stinks, the word problems frequently are confusing syntactically; if the questions on the test are anything like the harder of the study questions, it's a year more of working some place I hate. Which is awful. But, if I get the score I need, and if I get into this watchmaking program, I will have a better time in general. I won't have to work with stupid, loud people. And I won't have a woman jerking me around. Won't THAT be something.

Joyce and I went to the matinee of the controversial "Fahrenheit 9/11" today. The "Fox 9 News" guy was sitting outside with his camera, waiting for a long line to form, so I took his picture. He smiled for the camera. Maybe he was investing in his karma a little. I had a feeling his network would play a prominent role in the film, and I was right. Not nearly enough of a role for the lies they love to pass off as news, but still, they were there. (My stupid publishing tool broke down on me this morning, but I posted a long Cheney piece which incorporated that he thought Fox was the most accurate of all the news stations, which is demonstrably the opposite of the truth here in what I like to refer to as "reality". This fact, coupled with him dropping the f-bomb on Leahy yesterday and his already posted lying about his war energy policy and lying about picking Halliburton to rebuild Iraq's oil business, makes for an unsavory picture of an angry lying shitsack.)

But anyway, the movie was good, it started off punchy and kind of languished toward the end, but then it wasn't a piece of music, it was a documentary film; one that makes the president look bad, and shows that he really does deserve to look bad. A good picture. Check out the depths to which Michael Isikoff will sink to try to sling something at this documentary. It'll be the most controversial thing since the jesus chainsaw massacre, so you'll just have to watch it yourself unless you want what you expect from the media sources you've grown to ignore.

My requirements for a "good movie" were met when there was a segment on the USA PATRIOT act. Ashcroft performed "let the eagle soar", and Moore finished the film up with an Orwell quote, the most memorable one in 1984, one of my favorite books. The one about the perpetual state of war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home