Friday

It feels good to bleed. My annual-or-so (know what I mean?) dentist's appointment rolled around this morning and they scraped some thankfully un-epic gunk off my pearly whites, torturing my gums in the process. It felt, initially, like a stabbing from a Bogart picture, but that very quickly morphed into more of what I'd call a bath of pain, laving my gums in heaving tides of grinding, meted fury. Once it was over in one area it moved around my mouth to the next, and the next, at the whim of the sharp, expertly wielded metal tool. I started wanting it after a while of this. I'd imagine I was tensing up part of my gums in fear so that when the scraper went to town on them it would be a sensation I'd really got myself worked up over. They said it's largely because I stopped smoking about a month ago that the pain I fancied I felt was so intense, that now that blood is actually flowing to them again it's shock-tastic. They also said the cleanings after this one would be cake. I have to floss regularly, though. That helps the whole process. (They didn't say shock-tastic, but it would be a lot cooler if they did.)

I love food, and I love Bill's imported foods. While there today a woman in shiny, tight-fitting clothes steered me to some Bulgarian hot pepper dip. I loved the dip almost as much as that lady's painted-on pants. *Add some cheese to that dip and it's pimento cheese, pretty much, nothing amazing, but I can imagine moving to some other country (think "four more years") and missing the flavors of my native munchies. Wait a minute. I'll never have to do that, because of the Americacentric miracle of globalism. Anyway, the lady got me to try some stuff not all that terrific, but to her it was. I once was offered twizzlers when twizzlers were new, with the explanaiton that they were the best thing ever. That's enthusiasm for you. Unmitigated enthusiasm on a group level and you get really ugly shit, but one to one, it's just sort of weirdness and you can let it go. Unless it's morality. But anyway, got to get going. Got to bowl. The lanes call, and I must answer.

*intentionally awkward segue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home