Tuesday

Well, ladies and gents and those poor souls in between I keep hearing of awesome documentary films of but never get to see because I don't get invited to those sorts of parties, I'm trying to get into a school program that only accepts 12 applicants a year. If anybody wants to send me memorable things I did that were really great, it will help me construct an essay with which to apply.

With the smartasses that you are, I realize I'm opening myself up for an amazing level of abuse, but I've got no choice. Anything I did that was detail-oriented or required patience will be a plus.

I had to write a 300 word essay this morning about year-round education that turned into something really good; one part of it said something to the effect of: from a policy standpoint, the "what about the childhood summer" sentimentality isn't worth the kleenex it's blown out on. Then that essay was graded by a computer. Stupid. I don't think it understood how good that was. According to the computerbot, it turns out I'm good at words and bad at numbers, so if I want to get into this program, I've got a week to learn algebra. Any study guides you can suggest would be welcome additions to the list of zero which I currently have.

I'm taking the lovely J to campiello tonight, which is a great restaurant. It's not every girlfriend that gets to go there. That probably sounds bad.

Thanks to Grant, who's inquiring about getting me out of the hellhole called my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home