Tuesday

I sent another letter to the management today:

"The situation I emailed you about, the one I foresaw, has come to pass, and I am now asking you, again, if you will fix it please.

I had a discrepancy on phenobarbital, which I don't have to be a pharm. d. to know has all the abuse potential of neurontin. The reason I had the discrepancy is that I am supposed to go check on the meds without removals as part of station checks. The machine says there are 20, I say there are 19. I know you're with me so far.

Now that I have a discrepancy, I need to find a nurse to help me get it off there. No problem, right? Wrong.

The nurse, hereafter "rock", had a problem with witnessing for me, which she has every reason to. She doesn't know me, what I'm doing, and it's not her fault she doesn't want to be sucked into the howling vortex of a stranger's shameful phenobarbital addiction. So "rock" doesn't want to help me. Not a problem, right? Wrong again! Because there is a ridiculous other factor to explore the nature of, hereafter "hard place".

"Hard place" is either a policy or a grudge, and seeing as how I've asked for you to repair it in the past because of the situation it puts me in regularly and without fail, it looks like it could be a grudge. In the event that this is the case, I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for whatever I did to deserve this. Now that what I predicted has actually occurred, perhaps the management will see fit to express the reasoning behind making my job difficult.

Between a rock and a hard place is not completely unendurable, just ninety-nine per cent. I'd rather get the suspicious "Hey! You look like a terrorist!" eye from nurses than not have a job to come in to, but since we're all adults, responsible people with no drug addictions to hide, honest, good people who just want to get their jobs done so that they can have time to teach the many others with whom we work that are incompetent, I don't think I ought to have to choose between them, and I cannot be convinced otherwise.

There may be a reason you think I can't witness my own discrepancies. Whatever that reason is, I'm asking to be told about it. If I have to put up with dealing with nurses who think I'm trying to get them stripped of their licenses and wouldn't micturate on me if I were on fire, I at least want some departmental wisdom to refer to in my dark hours of asking for help and not getting any.

Thank you,
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home