Wednesday

Well, Chris and Emily, if you don't have anything better to do on the west coast than check this blog (that makes even me want to barf) rest assured that Molly the cat is in good health. I don't know what to do about the bottle of "kitty glucosamine", but the food and water situation is on lockdown.

As I was coming back here to try out an organic heirloom tomato with dinner, I saw a pair of lesbians. I thought to myself, that's got to be the fourth set of those I've seen in the last half hour! I'm going to blog that! And then as I was thinking this and crossing the street, I looked into the car in the last lane and in it was, yes, another pair of lesbians. I don't mind or anything, in fact I get a kick out of them sometimes, like when one tries to give me the man-stare. The "I'm just as much of a man as you" stare. That's when I hand out the "No you're not" smile, a gesture of amused indifference which is the only known antidote to a woman's wrath.

The heirloom tomato was sweet. Too sweet, really. Nothing like a homegrown tomato. I think that an enterprising waiter made up heirloom tomatoes as a selling point. I used to be a waiter, and it sounds irritatingly familiar.
...and tonight our salad is a tossed field greens salad with toasted pine nuts, roasted red pepper vinaigrette, and heirloom tomaotes, which are in season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home