Sunday

I went to the fair on Friday and Saturday. Saturday I got just the one picture, which is below. Friday I got more...

Here's a guy working at the "B96" booth. I bet his parents are proud of his cool haircut and his vocation, selling "fly booty shorts".


We saw a black republican!


They were carving butter scupltures of the pageant winners for "princess kay of the milky way", which is put on by the dairy business every year. It's forty-five degrees in that booth.


There was a christian radio station with a booth there. The guy in the blue shirt is asking the other guy if he thinks he deserves to go to heaven. He's saying that "god knows what you're thinking about." He's making the other guy feel really bad about himself, and that's because the other guy is stupid enough to care about this horseshit. If you can't make it out, that shirt says "Have you ever told a lie?" Nice one. What an asshole. I restrained myself from helping everyone, because I'm afraid I could make a crowd of people that dumb tear me to shreds if I tried.


You could get your picture inside a frame on a piece of cloth. Here's an example. Bling indeed.


After that the lovely Joyce and I went out to an island in the Mississippi for a movie on a projector. It was a great time, and a perfect night out with the river draining past and not a car in sight or earshot. I have pictures but they're huge. The feature was "Island of lost women", and I have to congratulate our host Phil for his choice. The film was that rare combination of kid-safety yet non-stupid, kitschy but not schlocky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home