Thursday

Of the seven Tennessee state troopers lining I-40, four were in Putnam county. After the first three I figured there was no way there would be another. Wrong. Ticket. Thanks again, Putnam county!

And thanks again, unpresident Bush, for making me two hours late getting home last night. My 8:26 turned into a 10:30 because he had to campaign in some towns in Wisconsin and here in Minnesota. Air Force one's departure blocked all air traffic, which was me, so I sat on the tarmac at Sioux City, South Dakota while we refueled and tried to get back here. If the policy is to divert everybody when he decides to go somewhere, maybe the airlines could get that information in advance. Would that be too much to ask? When he gets to go wherever he wants and screw everybody else any old time it doesn't seem right, and it doesn't seem right because it isn't right. It also wasn't right that the asian woman behind me hadn't discovered the western innovation called "pacifier" for her baby. The baby wasn't that loud, it just wouldn't stop. Then the lady next to them played peek-a-boo with it for a while. How nice. How sweet. How irritating to be sitting on the ground in Sioux City listening to peek-a-boo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home