Thursday

Two things.

I got a card today from the red cross, the thickness of a credit card, which will quickly ID me when it's time to give blood, and that's nice. But I have got SO MANY of these nice cards from places it's a task keeping them organized on my person. I'm getting a fat wallet choked not with money, but with stuff like blood donor cards and memberships to political action committees. Jesus would be proud of me, though, and I'm not joking. Jesus, it turns out, was a liberal. I'd be glad if they cut the thickness of all these damn cards in half for me. Until Wal-mart buys everything I have a lot of cards to deal with and I'd appreciate it if everybody did their part to give my George Washingtons some breathing room.

Second, I had an idea, as I so often do, as I was getting to sleep today, and as I so often do, I regretted that I'd be forgetting that idea directly. So I got up and wrote it down and here it is: If there is an axis of evil, George Bush must consider himself a resident of the equator of wholesome goodness. Yep, that was it. Maybe after I get up and write enough of those down I won't feel so bad about making a "humph" noise and rolling over to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home