Thursday

My blind obedience to the clock got me out of the house early. I knocked it off the wall the other night and it's apparently now at least ten minutes fast, as I gathered when, at the coffeeshop, it was as if I had traveled back in time.

I had an idea for the movie "worker", which has been banging around the cranium for years now. It's an interrupted fantasy segment, where the character goes from being a tough guy in his fantasy to mopping up after a toddler who has intentionally made a mess or something, in reality. I am putting this here so I don't forget to write it down when I get home, and I'm not putting down the actual humor mechanism here because i have my own fantasies to worry about, namely, making a movie called "worker". I think this marks the first time I've had a great idea that I haven't put down here, or at least the first time I've had a great idea that I have intentionally NOT put down here.

Yesterday my sleep schedule was akilter and I wound up forcing myself to get about two extra hours to realign. When my body wants me to get my ass out of bed it feeds me the worst dreams. I wonder if that happens to other people. I assume that if it does happen to other people, their bad dreams are modified to their conception of what a bad dream is, mine usually involve brutalizing small children. At that point I say, okay brain, you got me. I'm getting up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home