Wednesday

Tonight a funny-looking woman bartender {butch lesbian with a rockabilly haircut of Presleyan proportions} poured a friend and I a couple of bourbon sodas. My friend looked into his glass and said it looks like you've got a couple of fruit flies in there. The bartender poured it out and said that yes, they tend to gravitate toward the whiskey for some reason. I loked in mine and there were some in that one as well. When I brought this to her attention, she just looked at the glass and asked if I wanted a new one. There were flies floating in it and she was just back there wondering about it. I don't expect the servers and bartenders, at places I can afford, to know the significance of the Magna Carta or even which way is fucking North, but for god's sake, I do expect them not to expect me to drink flies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home