Saturday

Ultra-important Druthers restaurant update!

It's not "druthers", it's "Druther's", like the name of the guy who owns it is named Druther or something. What a tool I feel like for screwing that up. A google search for "druthers" now returns only my misspelling. The shame! I'm purchasing a mug from Druther's on ebay right now. If you try to outbid me I will take you down.

My roommate (accidentally, to be fair) broke my former two favorite glasses, one was a Reagan glass that had Reagan's face and said "Let's make america great again", and the other was a coffee mug that said on one side "I'm a st. mary's bad guy", and on the other "I had a bad idea". The Druther's mug's going to be hidden in a locked filing cabinet somewhere in the city where he can't get his shaky hands on it. Oh yes, it will be mine... my... precious...

In other news, when I find a place that sells dry ice I'm going to ship a package to my mother, who doesn't have the advantage of an organic meat department where she lives and therefore doesn't enjoy the attenuating deliciosity. The food is going to be deep frozen and shipped in something I know will hold the temp down, a styrofoam box which according to the label on the outside recently contained 2 kg of dry ice and the pancreas of a black man. Sometimes one has to create one's own advantages; mine is a lifetime supply of boxes once used to transport organs for transplant. Is it illegal to ship something else in that box? Would it raise some eyebrows over at UPS when they delivered an organ for transplant with haste to a residence on the outskirts of town? They'd burn her at the stake for witchcraft down there, the crazies.

Kudos to Neal Karlen, whose latest book, Shanda, is great. I finished it yesterday. Even if it doesn't sell like crazy (which I hope it will so I don't feel guilty for getting a free copy), it's a major accomplishment. Neal's our kind of people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home