Wednesday

I had my interview with the industry watchmakers today. I get the feelng it could have gone better. They just weren't ready for my irrevent high jinks. Just kidding, but seriously, I think about sixty per cent of the time it went like I wanted. For the other forty per cent, Dr. Worm ate my brain. I am coping well with the help of my hardworking friends at the Bombay Gin company. Cheers, mates, here's to what could have been.

I put a pay phone in my bathroom today on the wall in front of the toilet. It was converted so you don't have to put quarters in to use it. The lovely Joyce stopped by to help me hang it. Now if you call me you won't know for sure...

You know who you are, thanks for all the support and well-wishing where the interviewing and whatnot was concerned. If all your positive thoughts had done that interview instead of me, I'd have the watchmaking business in a headlock by now instead of breaking my knee trying to kick myself. It isn't all that bad until I hear an official no.

There's a manual dexterity segment that's required of all people trying to get into these programs, and it consists of problem-solving and of taking a foot-long screw and filing it down till it stands on end. I know this now, too late, that the key is to use long, sweeping strokes to file. That way the shape will be flat, which it won't be if you do it the way you otherwise would, without knowing any better. Another thing, those little puzzles that you learn at the bar, where you rearrange matchsticks and things of that nature, those come in very handy in the problem-solving segment. I can console myself with that I got finished with that before anyone else, and with total certainty that everything was correct. That was cool, it was like I wrote the thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home