Friday

I'm working with a woman who says "If I couldn't laugh I would go crazy working here", and that's true for everyone working everywhere, I think.

Somewhat related is that smart people are funnier than stupid people. Stupid people just don't make the connections that make humor.

So if somebody you work with is really funny, I propose that they are either really smart or really miserable working there, or maybe both.

Of course, being smart is a curse in itself, because it makes you miserable automatically, much in the same way that prison makes people miserable who don't like fighting, raping, and shitty food. It's that everybody around a smart person seems like a moron. The thing that makes me craziest is the amount of sheer redundancy, but that's not all. They ask rhetorical questions to themselves out loud, etc., I mean, the list of things I hate about people is far too long to go into here. It would sound like comedy anyway; a lot of stand-up comedians make their acts about "don't you hate it when people _____?" I'm looking forward to being a watchmaker, because then, there's not going to be anyone else there to fuck it up. When you work alone, there's no hapless, bumbling partner to send you back to square one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home