Monday

Important update!

I've just found a rare recording of C.S. Lewis, patrotic country singer, performing a patriotic country song about the bombing of Pearl Harbor!

I don't know how to host audio, so I'll just post the words:

Well they came to our harbor and blew up all our boats,
If I was there I'd have seen the American flag flying high above the smoke...
Those kamikaze pilots were all going straight to hell
'Cause the lord don't flip-flop when it comes to freedom!
I thank my Uncle Sam for living in this great nation
And if you don't like Franklin D. go to back to the land of the rising....gun!
And don't forget, there ain't no rice in my truck!
Me and Joe Stalin and that good ol' boy Churchill, we're gonna round up all the WOPs till we get this fightin' sorted out!
Get your spaghetti, and your sushi, and your sour kraut, 'cause we're gonna turn Dresden and Hiroshima and Nagasaki into a down home American style barbecue!
Get back in your camp, you silly lil jap!
Cause our friends from Russia and their big red flag are gonna come-a stompin and snortin' on your fascist rag!
Cause that good old Joe Stalin knows whose side he's on when it comes to fightin' oppression!
If I would have been there, it would have made me mad as hell!
Fat man and little boy are paying a visit, if I would have been there it would have been Tokyo!
Because you know how it would have made me feel, to watch them boats blow up and the American flag!
'Cause I love America, where all men are free to use one of two water fountains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home