Wednesday

High speed dubbing saved my life.

When I was young, taping tapes was how we got music. If you wanted to save time, you hit the "high speed dub" button, and it ran through the process at, well, higher than normal speed. When I did this, I heard the same music a different way. Suddenly, the patterns were more apparent. The songs I liked were repetitive. The same noises, over and over, with different words that weren't all that good either. A truth was revealed that stays with me even to this day, like when I hear music on the radio (such as evanescence's howlingly melancholy planet rock), and I wish I could play this at high speed for everyone, so that they could see the error of their preferences.

At high speed, all pop music sounds like "shave and a haircut, two bits", which is what it really, then, sounds like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home