Sunday

I want to webcast. I want to do show after show, hour after hour, but there aren't enough hours. The phone tap I just got from a friend won't work with my phone, so I'm going to axe the planned wacky prank call segment for now.

This week, I'm headed down south of the Mason-Dixon line to my homeland, Tennessee, for a little R and R. Beer and turkey, here I come. I anticipate at least one of the best naps of the year at some point.

Down by the mega-mall in Bloomington last week I noticed that the street across from the mall, I mean, right in front of it, is now called "Ikea way". The new Ikea store is there, so Minneapolis was so excited they named a street after it. That gets under my skin. I want to fight back against this typical complacent conspiracy against decency, but the only thing I can do is fit my car with a self-destruct device should it ever touch Ikea way. Ghandi was right, boycotting is our only real choice. Machines blowing themselves up reminds me of suicide, which reminds me of another thing I was thinking about a week or two ago, but forgot to put on here, which is about sudden infant death syndrome. It might be that SIDS is just suicide. Nobody likes to think about dead babies or anything, but it crossed my mind. It's a pity we can't ask people who are already dead why they committed suicide, and that problem is made even worse because if you could ask a dead baby why it died, it couldn't tell you, because babies can't talk.

Last night I went to Buzz's bar in Durand, Wisconsin, and Murray's in Mondovi, or is it vice versa, where the drinks were so inexpensive it was like they were free. I recommend that the city dwellers bring some friends and get out to the country, where the drinkin' is dirt cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home