Saturday

Well, tonight was the Marilyn Manson concert. THere were lots of these on display. A friend and I had arranged to meet "Marilyn" after the show, but he got tired of hanging around with the butt rock crowd and took off early. My heart went out to the audience; they knew they were rebels but not why. I wish old Marilyn would have gotten up there and taken a stand on some issues that affects us on a daily basis. That's rock and roll to me.

There were girls making out with each other in the row in front of us. Despite their completely perfunctory performance, all the guys lapped it up. There was a lot of "woo-hoo"ing. That seems poorly punctuated. Anyway, there were some other girls tarted way up behind us. It might be said that they were tarted up to the limit; one of them bent over so far in her nonexistent skirt that her grandchildren were clearly visible. [It occurred to me that the grandchildrens' names are Kayden and Kimmory.] The guy beside me, who couldn't have been more than sixteen, detailed what it was he would do to that girl. It made me smile.

The show, for all I know, was great, which I am inclined to think it was based on its reception. I have to say, however, that the opening band was shit, and it was only cheered for because "Remi Maxwell" emceed them off the stage. Remi Maxwell is a long-haired butt rock DJ for the local heavy metal station. He is a tool.

I estimate that the concentration of meth dealers was higher at that show tonight than in the Crossville, TN jail. For those of you who don't know, that's a lot of meth dealers. That sort of kills the joke, doesn't it?

The always-awesome Paddy at Mackenzie's held on to my camera after the [word that rhymes with pike] security guard wouldn't let me bring it in the theater (chip on the shoulder, typical of the sexual orientation). I've got news for you, Thelma and Louise, everybody around me was taking pictures and making mp3s with their phones. Dear madam: get with reality, where it's ok to be a lesbian and not be an asshole to guys.

Thanks for the good show, Marilyn. Thanks for holding on to my camera next door, Paddy. Good luck Dominique, to whom I beqeathed my ticket upon exiting. I'm sorry your boyfriend was being a jerk. You can do better, I'm sure. And happy birthday to the Wisconsinites, no matter who you voted for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home