Monday

Once the people at work put it together that my departure was imminent, their icy facades gave way to a bounty of praise. Today I had to strap oil tankers to my feet to wade through the heaving tide of love and encouragement. Literally! I think it's because the people I work with are, essentially, masochists. They keep the lids to soda bottles around that say on the bottoms: "Not a winner please try again" and make glasses out of them. Literally! They're making a buig deal out of my leaving because it will give them permission to be miserable with my replacement. I will pass into department lore as another guy who got good at what he did and then took off, and everyone there will continue to grit their teeth through days that they prefer to make hellish, because that makes the work experioence feel more authentic, and what could be more important than the way people feel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home