Wednesday

Pirates of the carribean guy asked me today if I looked at nudity. He asked me this because I told him about Lindsey Lohan and her contract with Disney. (I was trying to reach out to the poor guy in a way that didn't involve work or politics. Don't ask me why.) I said, "Yeah, every time I take a shower." He wouldn't be fazed by my attempt at common sense. I said this because I was trying to do the man a favor so he wouldn't embarass himself in an argument with me. He wouldn't be forestalled, so he bumbled on: "Don't you think that's a little disrespectful to your significant other?" To which I said "No, I think it's a little disrespectful for you to pretend to know what's right and wrong better than I do. Very disrespectful indeed. You know, there are people who don't think women ought to be visible at all and they make them wear shower curtains over their entire bodies. They're called the Taliban, and they at least have the balls to legislate their sexual hang-ups, unlike you." Well, no, I didn't say that, because, although true, that would have been rude. Almost as rude as what he had said to me, but people are used to that kind of rudeness. It's the norm for moral righteousness to prevail. If you ask me, our whole society has been watching too many leave it to beaver reruns on nick at nite. (There are people, the moral majority, they call themselves, utterly incapable of nuanced thought. Do I look at nudity... of all the idiotic...) What I actually said was "No, I don't." He was unwilling to provide me with the moral education he obviously assumes I am in need of, which is good, becuase I started my day off on a bad note, which for legal reasons I can't go into at this time other than to say it involves someone who got away with a confidence trick involving drugs and rape, and my indignance at this outrageous injustice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home