Thursday

Ok, I don't know how I missed this. GAW. Some very kind people have obviously been under the impression that my stomach troubles amounted to being a problem of not enough. The problem was in fact the opposite. Thanks for the advice on that one and I'll keep those things in mind. If I'd had stomach pain associated with constipation, especially over the period of time I've been bitching about it, I'd have been at the doctor by now, for sure.

After that last entry the pain grew to an unacceptable level and I had to excuse myself from class early. The emergency room was full of people who I think were probably worse off than I was, so there I sat. And sat.

Eventually I got in and it turns out that (we think) I've had the flu, which has contributed to my previous problems. Diagnosis: gastroenteritis brought on by flu. Remedy: zantac, fluids, and maalox till it goes away on its own. As for the perpetual feeling that I've just been the victim of Apollo Creed (damn, I love typing Apollo Creed!) , that should go away with the acid treatment, and as for the virus, the usual advice of tough it out.

This is pretty much what the lovely J was feeling in the same exact ER a couple of days ago. Thanks for the virus, J. At least we now know she didn't burn her stomach boozin', and that that bitchy doctor was a tool.

It's nothing but rice and pasta for Dale for a while, until this pain goes away. Which will, I hope, be before bedtime. In my experience suffering after bedtime is worse than before it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home