Sunday

Installing a Kitchen Faucet

You must be a retard if you can't install a kitchen faucet. It's easy. There are also webistes that walk you through the process, such as this: HomeTips Installing a Kitchen Faucet

There is a "handyman" who "takes care" of things around here "sometimes", named, and sorry, real name this time, Troy Nordberg. When he put my sink faucet in, he did it wrong, and consequently, I had to redo it myself because the copper pipes below were shooting water everywhere. A trip to Menard's on a mild winter's eve isn't a bad thing when you've got the company of someone as lovely as my fiancee, especially when you see a monkey while shopping there (Yes, a guy had a pet monkey. It was awesome.), but the point is it's not a trip one should have to make at all. Not when someone is supposed to be a competent plumber.

He didn't read step 2 of that page, in which the plate that is connected to the faucet gets installed. Good old Troy just put the new one through the old plate and left her swinging in the breeze. All the resistance when turning the faucet on and off would come from the copper piping itself. Copper piping isn't meant to do that, so after a few months of bending, it gave way.

I knew nothing about Troy's laziness until water went all over the place and I had to investigate. When the going gets tough, well that's when Dale switches into "awesome" mode and things happen as if by magic. Replacing the faucet presented no major problems, just a quick job and she was fixed. The magnanimous and comely J played a key part in the process by voluntarily overseeing the project's successful completion. She's a good boss. Firm, but fair.

Be warned if you live in Minneapolis, there is a man who wants to "fix" things for you. He left me without running water for four days while doing the plumbing in this house. His name is Troy Nordberg and he did bad work for me. Now you know.

If your name is Troy Nordberg and you want me to get rid of this post, I can be bought. Gmail me with the details of the lavish forthcoming bribe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home