Sunday

claustrophobia

I'm stuck on PCU 7B in the hospital right now. They won't let me leave, because of a fire situation downstairs. The whole place is locked down, so to speak. They let me in because I had a stat dose for one of the patients, but now they won't let me out. I guess all the other patients who need stat doses can just piss off. The only reason I had to deliver the dose is because the pneumatic tube system is down, which was caused by a system-wide power outage, which lasted about ten seconds. This cascade of problems has me stuck in here. I could bust through, sure, and escape, but I might hurt someone and/or get fined in the process. If I thought it was my skin at stake, I'd abandon nicety and leave, but for now, this amounts to a paid break, so heck with it. There is no window on this unit that I could jump out of and live, we're much too high up, so that makes me a little nervous. I'd be that guy on the news who jumped out the window and died rather than suffocate, and then that picture of me twirling to my death would be posted by some asshole on some newsgroup with the caption: "Hey! That guy owes me five bucks!"

Last night I went bowling with JV and a friend who got his eyes zapped by a laser beam, and can now see much better. It would have been cooler if he had got it so his eyes could actually shoot the laser beams, but I didn't want to tell him that, because it might hurt his feelers. He's a sensitive guy.

Tonight I'm staying till nine PM. I need the money.

Tomorrow a last day of practice and then Tuesday an exam. Making winding stems will soon be an ugly memory instead of an ugly daily reality. Halle-frickin-lujah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home