Wednesday

News, literally: Some guys from the Pioneer press (st. paul's daily newspaper) came to our class today. A reporter named paul and a photographer. The photographer just walked around not saying anything and getting right on top of people. What a jerk.

News: Rica (sp?) is back from Brainerd and will be making JV and I a sandwich later. She's a girl that made the fabulous (If the president can get away with overusing that word, why not me? But I have to draw the line there; if I start rubbing bald guys' heads and hanging around with gay prostitutes, people will talk.) Rica chicken sandwich at the local sub shop, before she moved away. She's only here for a couple of days, so we have to get in there while we can.

Other news: when a sandwich is news, there isn't much news.

More other news: Pivot gauges are going well. I'll be burnishing my pivot this afternoon until it gleams like, well, it's hard to say, because nothing gleams in the same way as a burnished pivot. The angels sing when it is beheld, and Jesus drops a load in his heavenly smok. Which stinks -- to high heaven! Kill me. Please.

Yet more other news: there's a stray dog in my neighborhood. I have to carry a bat when I go outside because I don't want to get bit and get rabies. I've heard that a rabies shot is one of the most painful ones there is. Also, I kind of want to cream something with a bat, and this is a great excuse.

Continuing uselessness: the parking situation in my neighborhood has reached bullshittian proportions. I have had to park a block and a half away from my house three of the last four nights. Which gives me more time to look for that stray dog.

Overkill: I'm wearing khakis and a green top today. I have that ready for summer look, and a cheerful disposition.

Conclusion: I could have skipped all this and it wouldn't have made any difference, but aren't you glad we had this time together? Remember that time I was telling you about Rica from here, but now she's from Brainerd and she's back just long enough to make me a sandwich? Oh boy! And then there was that time the news photographer was a dick to everybody? Man! That band Boyz 2 Men was right. It IS so hard to say goodbye to yesterday. Hoo-wee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home