Friday

sad, sad, sad

Sometimes people drop by the old cyberville comment deally-bobber to promote their own sites. That's pretty common, and a perfectly understandable way of getting their message out. I respect that they take this approach. It takes time.

Looks like we got a comment last night that goes like this:

Just viewed your blog—interesting.
Please take a look at mine--it's totally eye-opening:
http://whowilldietoday.blogspot.com/

As you can imagine, my expectations were high. Seeing something totally eye-opening, even on a network as vast as the internet, doesn't happen every day. I attribute the reason for this to the limitations on people themselves. It takes a really long time, unfortunately, for a human being to unlearn all that crap the establishment shoves down your throat so you can really think for yourself --most people never get there-- and until they do, nothing they produce is very creative, or very thought-provoking, it's all got a flavor of sameness. People do the best they can, but unfortunately, they're also doing the best they can, all the time, to copy their beliefs over to everybody else, and that works really well. Take a look at the relevance of the Roman Catholic church, both the largest and the oldest continuously operating institution in existence.

I couldn't wait to have my fuckin' mind blown by "who will die today?" So I clicked it, and held on to my ass with both hands so that the shock wouldn't have me sprayin' shit all over the place.

And when I got there it was a disappointing one-post blog that asks if you're good enough to get into heaven if you die today. Totally eye-opening? I think he or she has got eye-opening mixed up with boring and dogmatic.

So I decided to write them an email:

I noticed you posted a comment on my blog! Which is cool. What isn't cool is that your blog sucks. So shut up and go away.


I then posted a link to this post, in case they wanted more information, which creates a kind of recursion that it makes me dizzy to think about. Another day, another obnoxious Christian. Maybe they'll die today.

If these people want to be in heaven so bad, life must seem like drudgery. Which might help explain why their only joy is evangelism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home