Saturday

Here it is early in the morning again and I've got to go to work. I tell myself I'm going to start making breakfast and whatnot; you feel better after not only a cup of the vital, but a mess of eggs and toast. But I don't want to hop up and get cooking, I want to crawl out of bed and surf the internet with a steamin' hot pot of old faithful. Once an automatic breakfast cooking device is invented, life will be perfect. Maybe it's called a wife. Not mine, though. I'll be up before she is for nearly two years while I'm in watch school. Watch school's first term ended yesterday and some of us went out for drinks at Costello's, a high-class beer joint near the capitol, where I saw more than one lawyer with a cellular headset, and a woman sliding into a booth with a rock that looked like it belonged on Kobe Bryant's wife if he had been caught sleeping with her mother. Appetizers were had, beers were drank. One time they brought me a harp instead of a bass but I drank it anyway. I shouldn't have. Harp might be Irish and all, but it sucks compared to Bass.

I dreamt I wrote a screenplay called "caveman", though in the half-sleep of dawn I thought "cave" might be better, because wasn't Ringo Starr in a movie called caveman? Caveman is a movie that makes fun of modern life by showing cavemen going through what we are going through. But maybe we'd have to introduce some other elements having not so much to do with cavemen, if we wanted to get it right. Like a printing press, because to have a commentary on modern world and not include the media would be missing a lot. Also it needs a part about a blacksmith, which is historical hogwash, who makes pans for people to cook with, but a juicy defense contract presents itself, and he talks it over with his wife and friends. The government/army wants to kill the Neanderthals or something maybe, and they won't until they get the means, and the blacksmith is a pacifist, so we watch his progress into a money-hungry warhawk. Since abandoning historical strictures is a theme, late in the movie our new defense contractor could roll up in an SUV with flags all over it and honk at an old man pushing his wagon full of pans, pans not nearly as good as the ones they used to have, through the street. "Get out of the way!", and so on. There are many good headlines for the cave newspaper for comic relief, such as ""God" new answer to every question", and "Woman suddenly angry, nobody know why". Typical jokes there.

Am reading a book loaned to me by a friend, who said it was "a stick of intellectual dynamite" that would smash my mind. And it is all that and a bag of chips.
Read Mediated.
Before I was through with the introduction I knew it would take some serious doin' for this not to be the best book I read this half-year. That was a garbled thought and it means I should shower and get going. I hope you check out the short essay from last night, clusterfuck nation, and take advantage of a free frosty at wendy's over the weekend.

I got a nice compliment yesterday from the guy who writes the spoonbender, who said this is one of the few blogs he reads. So thanks.

If it isn't raining tonight, the usual: races at Elko speedway, so let me know if you want to attend. If it rains we'll just drink some cheap beer at some joint outside the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home