Tuesday

Yesterday was very recreative. Firsbee golf at Kaposia park, where I found a disc in the tall weeds (score). Then later we went to lake Calhoun and fished. My brother caught a walleye on a spinner bait and Chet caught a couple of bass. I, as usual, didn't catch a damn thing. Chet did finally pay me for a car, though, which I think I gave him in August. Whenever it was, I have been paid. Yay.

Speaking of money, someone just called me from my school's financial aid office and there is apparently money available from a certain kind of loan that I was told by someone else (the new girl), wasn't. The loan I applied for in place of the loan I wasn't going to get has a higher interest rate so the lady who knows what she's doing called me to ask me what I was thinking when I applied for the expensive loan and broke it down to me. Now I have to get some of the money I was going to get at a lower interest rate and some of the other money at the high rate. It requires a comprehensive reshuffling of data. So that's another thing I have to get my fiancee to deal with. She deals with it all as long as I don't screw it up.

The book mediated has opened my eyes to the phenomenon of events becoming "events", and I had a moment of irritation yesterday related to this. While my brother and I were waiting for Chet to go get his trailer and truck to haul the boat out of the lake, someone was at the bottom of the ramp letting their boat off. That truck's tailpipe was about four inches under the surface and the exhaust was bubbling up out of the water. I remarked to the lady accompanying that truck's driver that I liked watching the exhaust bubbling up like that. She said
"Why, is that poisonous for the lake?" I said, "No, I just like watching it come up like that." Then she said "Well, are you saying you don't like it because it's ugly?"
At that point I lost patience. In a world where people are so accustomed to using saying one thing to mean another, I am forced to defend the simplicity of my original statement. "No, I actually just enjoy the sight of it. Like looking at it right there. I like the way it looks. Water bubbling. That's all." God damn.

My lovely fiancee tore a wall down in a closet yesterday. It was plaster and lath, and now it's just lath. There must have been sixty, maybe seventy pounds of stuff she tore off the wall. We're trying to get the wall to where we can hang stuff on it, like a closet rod. A carpenter is coming today to drywall it.

I have a doctor's appointment at eleven twenty, to try and figure out why I'm dizzy all the time. And I am. Ranging from slightly dizzy to very at times. Not "lying in bed drunk as hell with the spins" dizzy, but "reading in the car" dizzy, which is a pretty unpleasant experience. I'm also going to thank a diffrent doctor for motivating me to quit smoking. It's been nine or ten months now.

For anyone looking for someplace to go where the weather is perfect, come to Minneapolis right now. This is what we spend the six-month winter looking forward to. It's seventy two and sunny. Also, it's too early in the day for the obnoxious Harley guys to fire up their hogs, so the sound of the city isn't unpleasant either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home