Friday

According to the phone, I've been on hold for 11 minutes with pyxis worldwide. I'm waiting to register a problem that one of their field service technicians will come out and fix. I debated using the time that they're making me wait to write down how to steal drugs from a pyxis machine, but I might get in trouble somehow.

A family and their interpreter were wandering through and the interpreter just asked me if they could see a catheter to help her explain what's being done to their family member. A lot of times the language simply doesn't exist to explain that, so they have to show people. I once heard some crazy statistic about how it takes thirty Hmong words to describe something medical which we have one word for. An aortic aneurism would have been something like: the river of blood that runs biggest from the heart broke loose from its own skin and twisted, which caused many little rivers of blood to dry up and the things that they irrigate became dead, so some of your papa's left side is in the house of death, et cetera. An aortic aneurism being a comparitively simple medical problem, so I'm sure it was something much more impressive than that. Story of my life. Telling the almost-really good story.

This damned meclizine has me stoned out of my gourd. My doctor is on vacation, so his nurse is going to advise me on the next step in this dizziness business. I'm going to have to have my eardrump zapped with something sharp, I think. Which I'm not looking forward to, but it will beat holding on to objects to maintain my balance. That happened this morning.

Good luck to my dad, who is having a minor medical procedure done today.

And not least, thanks to everyone who made my bachlor party memorable. You're all wonderful people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home