Tuesday

Back during microturning, Mondays were bad because we'd lose our touch over the weekend. Yesterday reminded me of those days. It was pretty much a bad day at school.

But it was a good day for my lovely fiancee, who had lasik, and who is already in good shape where that goes. If I could have known what kind of day I was going to have at school I would have taken her to the appointment myself. The right eye is seeing really well and the left one is sore, but she's been assured that's ok, and she's relaxed about the whole thing. She's the best patient of all time. Very brave. She has to wear these goggles to sleep so she doesn't drag her corneas across the pillowcase by accident, or scratch them open, which is for the best. She said I'm going to get tired of her telling me what she can see all the time, but I don't think I will. How nice that people have devised this way of helping people see better. It's one of the nicest things there is.

A friend is showing her film "venus of mars" at the flaming film festival at district 202 Saturday night at 5, and it's free. My weekly dose of racing has moved to Friday this week, so I can actually go to that.

If you've never checked out April Winchell's multimedia collection, go there right now and listen to "the joke" by Kenny Hicks. Your browser will find the word in the page for you so you don't have to read the whole thing. If network security blocks you from it, I'll email it to you. This catchy tune will have you kicking yourself for humming it all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home