Tuesday

I don't like TV. It's just a bunch of total shit they throw together to get you to watch advertising, which is always as annoying as it can possibly be to get you to notice it. The degree to which you have to condition yourself to tune it out, I am altogether uncomfortable with. I refuse to desensitize myself for the sake of entertainment, especially when it's not as good as a book, say, "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy", or "a conferedacy of dunces". I love books. No ads.

I was watching TV a little this week, though, at random times, and I'd see the news. And maybe it takes someone like me to notice, but I always see pretty girls in news stories. The cameramen were out filming some fish kills in lakes in Minnesota a few days ago, and you see these pretty girls walking by the side of the lake. What that has to do with the story, nothing. Here's a picture of the ten commandments from Yahoo:

Caption: "Seventh-graders Megan Brown, left, and Shannon Fitzpatrick pause at a monument with the Ten Commandments on it Thursday, March 25, 2004, on the Missouri State Capitol grounds in Jefferson City, Mo. A U.S. Supreme Court ruling Monday, June 27, 2005, about a similar monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds will permit both to stay in place."
They could have used a fat person for scale, or any other kind of person, instead of jailbait. But it didn't happen, did it?

Here's the picture that lets you know it was hot in Rome yesterday:


The worst one of these I can't find for you, unfortunately, without searching microfilm, but I'll describe it. I was walking up Hennepin Avenue when I saw a girl I knew through a friend, whose most distinguishing characteristic, not that she wasn't beautiful, was her amazing rack. She was astonishing and magnificent in a tight, red shirt. I said hello to her as I passed her going north at twenty-fourth street. I remember thinking she wasn't unhappy looking. It was September 12, 2001, and there obviously wasn't going to be any bigger news story than "how everybody feels about what happened yesterday" for a while. I looked at the Star Tribune the next day and lo and behold, there's the girl I saw yesterday, photographed crying about a block south of where I saw her. In front of Jefferson school where I go to vote, she was photographed crying, with some description like "Local people are still broken up about terror attacks. Here, Jane Doe expresses her shock and grief." That asshole of a photographer saw those amazing tits and made the girl cry. The tits didn't make it to the paper. You just saw her face in her hands, but I can imagine the dickhead whipping a shitty just to accost the poor girl and talk to her about something, anything.

So keep an eye out for pretty girls in the news. It's reassuring to know, even indirectly, that people are still celebrating them, even if it isn't official. Is it a vestige of mankind's (awesome) prehistoric worship of the female form? Or is it just horny guys with boring jobs? We may never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home