Monday

Last night I was going to go downtown and watch a burlesque review that sounded like a decent show, but I did some research and decided that the whole club sounded a little seedy. So I went over to a friend's house and we cooked out instead, then I came home and exposed my brother for the first time to April Winchell's multimedia collection, which is one of the best resources I know of for hilarious audio. If there are more like it, please let me know. (Thanks to a little firefox plugin called flashgot, I downloaded the entire thing at once. Thanks, April. I love ya, but if your site ever disappears, your google cache won't do me any good.)

It's ugly weather outside after the hottest and most humid night of the summer so far last night. Thunder and light rain, 78F.

My lovely fiancee rests semi-peacefully. (Not as enthusiastic about thunder as am I.) Later today she has a medical procedure with Dr. Whiting, who is going to zap her eyes with a laser beam. I'm very happy for her, because corrective lenses can be a hassle. My fingers are crossed and I am ready to cook dinner, et cetera. I think I'm going to read to her tonight. Maybe "The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race". Or part of a book. David Sedaris, maybe. If I can fake that annoying voice of his, extra points. Of course, I could just tune us in to car talk and some episodes of this american life on the internet. Then we could hear the actual annoying voice of David Sedaris! We shall see.

As for me, it's back to watchmaking school where we're actually making watches. At this time we're learning to cut precision recesses in plates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home