Sunday

Rascal Flatts

Sounds like a musician, right? Sounds to me like some old blues man who might hang around with Buddy Guy, someone who's paid his dues. At the very least, I expect someone called Rascal Flatts to be a hell-raising bottle-smashing rockabilly rebel. But no. Rascal Flatts is a "country" boy band, who sings sensitive songs to women who watch American Idol and buy feel-good cds at wal-mart. As they pass and see Rascal Flatts' new album on the shelf, they think, "Hmm, a little something just for me". Here's the band who deserves a name more like "Go ahead and cry, darlin'. We won't try to grope your chest while you sob. We're all gay anyway."

In case you foolishly don't believe me, here are the lyrics to the band's smash "country" single, "skin".
Hopefully soon, I'll have time to explore the strange transformation of country music from being good to being what it is. Not like you need my insight when it comes to that, but still. It's sad and ruinous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home