Friday

What a school week. All the mental space left over from our simple microtechnical work has been occupied and my short term memory overfloweth with screw head recesses, cap jewel placement, boring bar angles, and cross slide chattering, to name a few things. Dale is out of his comfort zone. Hermann was very useful this week. His speeches are full of pregnant pauses, which are really just him formulating the english in his head for what he is about to say. It's a little awkward when you're used to first language people with all their well-placed pauses and movie-actor stolen idiosyncracies.

After school yesterday a bunch of us from class gathered round a table outside at costello's on selby and western for beers, which it takes more of on a hot day. Four beers later it was frisbee golf in the heat, (which was drier than expected, boon) and there was practically no one out there. Then I came home and made pasta bolognese. Not really, but the marinara wasn't bad. Tonight I have bumwyth's 30th birthday party at the black forest inn, and the lovely J drives clear out to Eau Claire to use as a jumping off point for Wausau (sp?) for Jackie's bridal shower. 'Tis the season to get married for J and her friends, I guess. This summer (and more to come, I imagine) is thick with weddings. We're going to need a lot of beer before this is over.

If it's possible, I want to get over to the varsity club tonight and watch superdanger, divorcee, and revolver modele tonight after the birthday party. Divorcee does a great cover of SOS by ABBA. Sunday I want to go to a place I've never heard of, Seville Cabaret, for cheesecake, "the naughty naughty show, a not-so-nude burlesque review". That's at eight. Gmail for carpool.

The point is, I am a busy guy. Too busy, almost. Started rereading confederacy of dunces last night, one of my favorites. Want a different book, though. Suggestions?

Most important thing I learned this week, do not sniff the boiling denatured alcohol, because it will take ten years off your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home