Friday

As usual, a lot going on. Something follows that deserves its own paragraph.

Slept eleven hours last night. Ahhhh.

In the news, it turns out cops knew about the kidnapper's blog the whole time. They couldn't find him, though, even though what it said got very worrisome, because the technology didn't exist. Wired News: Cops Watched Sex Offender's Blog

IMO, the advantages of anonymity on blogs outweigh the dangerous freakshows like this guy, but in the united states of paranoia, I'd expect the courts to consider imposing some kind of tracking software like site meter automatically to blogs because of this. Hysteria along the lines of "We could have found Shasta faster! What about the children!?!"

In other news, I found something on the ground so I picked it up and took it to school where I cleaned it enough to see what it was. It looks very much to a woman I go to school with to be a bronze coin from about 300 A.D., featuring a picture of Heracles. How this got under my shoe is a mystery. I wish I could find that damn Heracles and smack him around a little. That'd teach him, all right.

Today I have a boneless pork butt in the crock-pot. It will be ready at about 6 p.m. Tomorrow it's Elko speedway, and Sunday first row of Robert Plant at the Orpheum. So that's the lot going on.

I didn't mention it, but I spent the fourth out on the river with Muddy and a bunch of people who collectively had anchoring problems. The problems were largely because they anchored collectively, but that's how you make a barge out of a lot of boats. As a result of my considerable upper body strength I wound up on Phil's boat after being emergently needed to pull up his anchor, the line for which almost got tangled around a couple of people's propellers. I spent the ride back to Farmer Dock (which I can't find the URL for but has a web presence) listening to his kid Rudolph tell me about a book he got. Conversations with Rudolph are Always one-sided. Which is too bad. One of these days he's in for a rude awakening when he isn't cute any more and no one wants to hear his selfish tirades. ME ME ME ME ME! But enough of that, I don't want anyone getting their feelings hurt. You'd be amazed what people look for and find my site. You can find that here. If you say aomething about somebody, sooner or later they're going to find out about it, or at least be able to. Hence I'm changing that kid's name, or for purposes of the narrative, already have. All in all, it was a good time. The weather was perfect and I have been so busy since that I think Muddy thought he had been rude to me or that something negative happened, because I really haven't had a lot of time to sit around and recount anything. We shot a potato gun at stuff, which was excellent. Meting out the fuel for that gun is hard to do correctly. Too much or too little becomes pretty common. I've been thinking, if we shoot it off and then burn off the extra fuel seperately before repacking it, we might be able to negate the too much fuel scenario, and reduce misfires by thirty-forty per cent. (Based on what I saw I'm speculating that slightly more often than not it's a "too little" fuel problem.)

Today and tomorrow and the next day, dayside, it's life in the pharmacy. Which is usually the same. Sometimes I'm Batman who is needed to save everybody's ass, and sometimes I'm like the useless Gotham city police department, sidelined and paid for god knows what. This always depends on what the pharmacists want their day at work to be like. They can frantically hop-to and do everything themselves, or scream for me to do it. Normally it's the latter, and that bat-spotlight chases me all day and night. That's the only mystery in my workday.

Friday is the only day I get to sleep in. Eleven Hours. Ahh. I have to do laundry later, so I'd better get to work.

Have a good day! Today in the year 1099 the First Crusade was happening: 15,000 starving Christian soldiers marched in religious procession around Jerusalem as its Muslim defenders mocked them. Today in 1889, during the last championship bare-knuckle boxing match, John L. Sullivan defeated Jake Kilrain after 75 rounds. 75 rounds of bare-knuckle boxing. Holy shit. And in 1997, Mayo Clinic researchers warned that the dieting-drug "fen-phen" can cause severe heart and lung damage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home