Wednesday

social report

Checking in with friends:
Neal's mom died and was buried today. The shiva was pretty good, I guess. It was my first one, so I have nothing to compare it to, other than funerals, which are much different and, I think, usually much worse. The food was excellent, though. They had these little toffee bars that were incredible, but in exchange for them they made me wear a yarmulka. No big deal.

Drew reports that the Winnipeg folk festival was a marvelous, out of control fun time. Bonfires, drum circles, chasing people dressed as ninjas through the city and the night, and the aurora borealis an emerald green stretching dramatically through the stars. Totally recharged, he is back at work editing some DIY shows, doing what he does best.

Emily and Chris are fine, growing all kinds of tomatoes, peppers, etc. in a little garden. So far, the catnip is keeping the rabbits at bay.

Newman is in Vegas; he'll be back in a couple of days.

Randy is in Taipei, most likely just fine, but I don't know. No news is good news with him.

Noel is doing well. Life as a wine representative is good, I guess. We talked the other night but I was too sleepy to remember much of what we talked about.

Carrie loaned me another book. This one is "good omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. A major improvement over the last one she gave me, "Zodiac" by Neal Stephenson, which was mediocre, but had its moments. I gave her "confederacy of dunces", which she is the first person I have ever known to return. Big ups.

John K. got a job (his first in about a year) with D'amico catering. Congratulations!

Scott is finished with a bathroom in his house, which looks excellent. If you need some construction done, he's a good man for it. The tiling looks first-rate, and everything else is how it needs to be. His kid is at a summer camp, which makes it a little quieter at his house. Maybe a lot quieter.

My brother and fiancee continue to study diligently for their upcoming tests.

As for me, Friday I'm going to Wisconsin to get a marriage license. So that's terrifying. Last night I watched million dollar baby, which thankfully was good. I was worried about it. Morgan Freeman was his usual avuncular character, which I found parodied very well here.

The watch continues to come along. Instructor Joe wasn't feelin' too good today so school let out early.

Tomorrow, back to pharmacy world after school.

And now you know as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home