Sunday

Tonight I'm going to see Robert Plant at the Orpheum from the front row. I love Zeppelin so I checked his website and this is a setlist very close to what we will hear, if not the exact one:
No Quarter/Shine It All Around/Black Dog/Freedom Fries/Morning Dew/That's The Way/Tin Pan Valley/Heartbreaker/Mighty Rearranger/Gallows Pole/When The Levee Breaks/Babe I'm Gonna Leave You/The Enchanter/Whole Lotta Love.

Not exactly deep tracks, but I'll take what I can get. It's the best thing going and the tickets were free.


And now a word from the Now It Can Be Told department. The internet is a scary place. What follows is an email exchange that recently took place between some guy and me. Names have been changed as a courtesy.

It started because he searched the net for seville cabaret and came up with this blog. I think that's all the background you need.

subj: Seville Cabaret
Did you ever make it over there? Is it worth it?

thanks
Laura and Bryce


Normal enough. So I replied.

I didn't go. When I called the place (which I think is where blues alley used to be) they said "blah blah blah premier gentlman's club blah blah", which makes me think it's a bit seedy. If you go, though, please let me know how it was. I'd like it to be good. Maybe I'll go if I get the time.

D


Then I heard from them again.

We will have to check it out. We like Ricks havent been in a while.
Great blog by the way.

We are Laura and Bryce... its nice to meet you. What are you into?


If that gave you the creeps, you aren't the only one. So I decided to try to force the guy's hand:

I am into watchmaking, my fiancee, beer, and many other things. To elaborate, some of my favorite beers include summit pale ale, stella artois, corona with lots of lime, pilsner urquell, fat tire, and almost anything made by Bell's in Kalamazoo. My fiancee is a redhead, and my favorite watch brand is Patek Philippe.

Thanks for asking! How about you two?


Then he dropped the bomb.
Well I have a Tag that my wife Laura gave to me for our anniversary a year ago. LIke very much. Would love to have the Carrera. We both love beer... have you tried Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat? My personal favorite.

I am 35 and Laura will 37 in the fall. We have 3 kids, but love to get out and have fun. We just back from Vegas celebrating my birthday. I think once is enough for me regarding that. Love the beach for vacations, but want to get to NYC maybe in the fall. Love midcentury modern. Eames, etc.

What do you and your finance like to do?

Here is a photo
[PHOTO REMOVED AT THE REASONABLE REQUEST OF THOSE PICTURED. THERE SURE IS A LOT OF REMOVAL GOING ON THIS WEEK.]


AAAAHH! You know what that looks like to me? If you said a normal couple that isn't going to try to slip you and your fiancee rufies on a double date, then do weird things to you in their basement, I'd disagree. I replied.
Well, I'm glad you read my blog but I think I see where this is going, and I speak for both my fiancee and myself when I say no thank you, we are not interested. Good luck and enjoy your fine timepiece.


Then I heard back from him, and our relationship concluded. I had lost a little self-respect but got a story out of it.
Oh, sorry its not like that. sorry if we offended


If it isn't like that, I recommend you get a picture of you with clothing on. That might send a different message. Thanks for the memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home