Monday

I heart wiki

I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)

Although some people assume that "that" is an exophoric reference to a sex act, it is actually an anaphoric reference to the varying activities specified as antecendents in the lyric that the singer says he won't do.

* I'll never forget the way you feel right now ...
* I'll never forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight ...
* I'll never do it better than I do it with you ...
* I'll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life ...

In addition, the female vocalist identifies two other things that the lead singer denies he will do: You'll see that it's time to move on and You'll be screwing around. To both of these, the lead singer responds, I won't do that! No, I won't do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home