Thursday

cheese review

Today I ate a hunk of harmony blue cheese from Iowa. It sells at the wedge for 12.99 a pound. I had it at room temp, and it was creamy and had more perforations per cheese than any other blue I have ever had. It's as soft and creamy as brie, but instead of that gooey butteriness that is the downfall of brie, you get a mild and clean and well-rounded blue, which is awesome. I had it with an organic honey crisp apple, which to my knowledge is the finest apple available anywhere, so that every bite of this cheese was like the first bite. This was a good cheese, definitely worth the price, hand milked in Amish country, and from the same people that make the colossal Shwarz und Weiss blue, an unforgettable powerhouse of a cheese that will kick your ass and take your lunch money. Harmony blue opens up nicely at room temp and there is no mouth paste. Bon appetit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home