Friday

I don't understand this song. Here are the lyrics:
LYRICS - The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn

Is it supposed to be a lesson? Like that women don't marry lazy asses? What's up with the threat at the end? I appreciate a good ballad, bluegrass-style, but there ought, in my opinion, to be more clarity, even if the guy kills her at the end.
When there isn't more of a decisive point to the ballad, it seems to me to be no good. Like black chick vanity music, when the "divas" shift their voices all over the place with all the grace and purpose of diarrhea flying out a car window at sixty miles an hour. That unfortunately "black" music is an omnidirectional mess, and it's a shame that it's carried in such wide channels that you should even know what I'm talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home