Thursday

blue cheese

This is some very good cheese. It sells for 14.99 a pound at the wedge. I bought a 90 cent hunk that they had for people like me who would rather taste the really good thing they can't afford than gorge on velveeta. The half-wheel is priced at 19.60 a pound on their website:

Rogue Creamery Oregon Blue Vein - Half Wheel - Approx. 2.5 lbs.

I like this as much as any blue cheese I've ever had to eat as just a hunk by itself. Some cheeses bowl you over, some make you wish for a red zin to drink with them, some cheeses make you think about what else was there you didn't buy, but the Oregon blue was as close to perfect as any blue cheese I've ever had. I ate it at just under cellar temp and suspect it would get a little stranger (probably better) at room temp. Even with its outright deliciousness, this cheese's strength was in its balance, which was immaculate. A plus plus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home